I've moved! Visit my new site.

Momsoap is movin' on up, to a real dot com! Visit my new site at: http://www.momsoap.com Please visit my new site and re-subscribe if you like my writing. I hope to see you all there!

Monday, June 8, 2009

A is for Annika

I've been thinking about getting another tattoo. I have a fish tattoo on my inner thigh, which I got when I was 22.
At the time I thought I would get a whole bunch of tattoos, but when my new husband (now ex) found out I had gotten it, he had a conniption. The irony of that was that he had (at the time) four tattoos himself. I had done it as a surprise, thinking he would only think that I was even cooler than I already was.
Gee, I wonder why that marriage didn't last.
Anyhoo, I've been thinking about getting another one symbolizing Annika, my daughter.
One night in a half-dream state as I was awoken once again by my nursing/co-sleeping daughter a lovely image materialized for my new tattoo.
I pictured this simple tattoo, a black A, against a white background encompassed in a circle.
I loved the simplicity of it. My daughter is Black; I am White. Yet our lives encircle each other and will forever and ever.
I've had this image floating around in my head until recently as a nice little dream that I am putting off until our nursing days are over, just in case I were to contract Hepatitis or something, don't want to put my daughter at risk.
Then I had lunch with a friend recently. She had a new tattoo. After admiring her beautiful new back art I told her about my idea.
She said, "You mean the A is for Anarchy sign?"




I think I'll do it anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Momsoap has moved. Please comment on http://www.momsoap.com. It'll help me transition and your comments will be forever linked to the post. Thanks for being a loyal reader. Psst, you're my favorite. Don't tell the others. ;)